Snowy Days, Quiet Pursuits

January is generally the coldest month in New Hampshire, although this year was fairly temperate. And February tends to trend toward the snowiest of the two winter months. February looks to live up to its reputation, which is very happy news for this winter-loving heart!


This was the scene yesterday...for about 12 blissful hours. We got a foot of snow all told. Colette did not have to go to work. Hubby came home early. So, we were all snug indoors! It was a good day to have a dreadful head cold, if you have to have one, which I did.

I contemplated reading. I thought about binge watching Netflix. But in the end, I spent the day curled up on the couch beneath cozy blankets practicing hand lettering. If you're interested in learning hand lettering, calligraphy, brush calligraphy, or more, I highly recommend the self-tutoring worksheets and video tutorials that can be found at The Postman's Knock! Click here. So much fun!


I've always had an interest in learning hand lettering and calligraphy, but our trip to Europe this coming spring (AND discovery The Postman's Knock) was the push of motivation I needed. I'm planning on keeping a travel journal throughout our trip, and being able to accent it with different types of lettering will make it more visually appealing. More on my travel journal in a future posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...