Julia Child's French Onion Soup

A dear friend gifted me with Julia Child's cookbook a few years ago. And although the two-volume set sits on my kitchen counter, I had not actually cooked anything from them. Colette and I discussed that today and decided it's because we find them intimidating. That is pretty silly, since Julia Child's intention when she wrote them was to make French cooking accessible to American cooks. Casting aside all caution, I tackled her Soupe a l'Oignon today!

 
Superb! The cookbook was very easy to understand, and even though it took 2 1/2 hours to cook, from first chop to steaming bowl, it was worth it. Excellent! And since snow was just starting to fall, it was wonderfully warming.


I suggest serving it with a Cabernet and a salad of fresh field greens topped with an excellent bleu cheese and dressed lightly with a champagne vinaigrette.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...