To create this one, which I'll call the Kale Quinoa Chicken Bowl, here are the easy ingredients and steps:
- marinate chicken in Italian dressing or my favorite, Girard's Champagne Dressing, and then grill; let rest five minutes; chop; refrigerate
- make quinoa according to package instructions; chill
- chops a tomato
- chop some cucumber
- chop kale leaves until very small
- feta cheese
- Lemon Salad Dressing (recipe link here)
- (optional ingredients): leftover roasted vegetables, sliced almonds
Work with one serving at a time. In a large bowl, toss chopped kale and one or two large spoonfuls of quinoa with a drizzle of dressing. Combine well and transfer to an individual serving bowl. Layer, side by side, the remaining ingredients on top of the kale-quinoa and top with additional dressing.
Here are some other variations to try:
- field greens/kale/arugula, quinoa, leftover grilled steak, leftover grilled asparagus, ripe tomato, blue cheese, pine nuts, Girard's Champagne dressing, freshly cracked pepper
- field greens/kale, quinoa, grilled chicken, goat cheese, roasted red bell pepper strips, grilled leftover summer squash, balsamic dressing
- field greens/kale, quinoa, teryaki-marinated chicken, bean sprouts, shredded carrot, chopped cucumber, mandarin orange slices, chow mein noodles, ginger-sesame dressing
Super fresh and super healthy! Bon appetit!