Setting Goals

Near the end of every year (or the beginning of the new year), I usually set some goals. Not resolutions, per se, but things I want to learn, or ways I want to grow, or things I want to do. It is certainly a testimony to how exhausted I must've been (from everything that happened with our granddaughter and all the travel I did at the end of the year) that its taken me until mid-April to even dream up any ideas. But suddenly, in a moment of inspiration, all the ideas fell into place, and I had a quick, mental list of goals for 2016. In no particular order, they are:

- teach myself to make soap
- read Dietrich Bonhoeffer's "The Cost of Discipleship"
- learn how to make half a dozen cocktails well
- take a couple of online French language courses with Colette (a refresher for me, but new to her)
- learn more about figs
- take a distance learning class from a British university, "The English Country House: History, Architecture, and Landscape"

I'm super excited about that last one! The class started this week. My books arrived. And I'm taking a college class for the first time in 28 years! 


Let the year begin (finally!).

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,

    Congratulations on your course! It looks so interesting. Please let us know how it goes. Does it count for credit? If it does, I guess you will have tests. I just took a French class at the local community college and it was hard getting back into studying for tests. But worth it!

    I read about Max . . . you are obviously proud. And rightly so! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not for credit. Which is fine with me, because I'm just taking it for general knowledge and interest.

      Very proud!

      Delete
  2. Great aspirations for the year. I think you should wrap up your class with a visit to Highclere Castle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well! That is, Lord willing, the plan for next year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...