Healthy and Delicious Lunch


Recipe for one healthy and delicious lunch:

- salad of field greens with cinnamon roasted butternut squash, dried cranberries, and pine nuts; dressed with Girard's Champagne Dressing

- crackers

- Beecher's Marco Polo cheese

When Colette and I were in New York City, I visited Beecher's Handmade Cheese. So, I was thrilled to discover that our local grocery store has just started carrying three of their cheeses. This is an extraordinarily good cheese! Here's what their website says about this award-winning cheese: This favorite from the Beecher's fleet of artisan cheeses celebrates the great thirteenth century adventurer Marco Polo -- credited with bringing pepper and other discoveries to Europe. Beecher's Marco Polo takes lightly milled and cracked green and black peppercorns and blends them with our creamy cheese.

Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

  1. When life feels stressful and overwhelming, I find myself headed straight to your blog as I find it so comforting. Thank you for sharing with us! And Beecher's really is an incredible spot with some of the best cheese for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...those are such sweet words! Thank you so much!

      I hope life isn't too stressful for you! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. What a healthy mix of veggies. I'm always on the look-out for a delicious salad and yours inspires me today. I like roasted butternut squash with cinnamon and sometimes eat it in a custard cup with a spoonful of Greek yogurt as a sugar-free dessert. Yum. Nice to pop by your place on the blog neighborhood. Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Karen Andreola(!) left a comment on my blog? Well, knock me down with a feather! So happy to have you as a reader, Karen! In our homeschooling days, I devoured every word you wrote, and they were such a blessing to me! Thank you so much for all you did to spread the philosophy of Charlotte Mason throughout the homeschooling community. Your words were a blessing to our whole Charlotte Mason/classical homeschooling group!

      Butternut squash and greek yogurt? Now I hadn't considered that, but it sounds delicious!

      May God bless you and your family, Karen!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...