Winter Menu Planning

February is such a short month. And I know that as soon as I turn that calendar page to March, it's suddenly going to seem like spring is just around the corner. But winter is such a delicious time for food that I don't want to miss the opportunity to make great comfort food! So, today I planned the next week's menus using a combination of some economical basics AND some tasty new recipes from my winter cookbooks. Here's the plan:

Thursday - pizza from Costco (picked up after a day out), green salads

Friday - Country Chicken (from this cookbook) served over egg noodles, garlic butter carrots (recipe here)

Saturday - Cold Weather Potato Chowder with Caraway Cheese (from this cookbook) served with BLTs

Sunday - Beef Tenderloin with Shallots, Bacon, and Port (from this cookbook), smashed potatoes (recipe here), and green salads

Monday - leftovers from previous days

Tuesday - Honey Sesame Chicken in the crockpot (recipe here), basmati rice, mandarin oranges

Wednesday - Jenny Hobick's Braised Beef Chili (recipe here) pulled from the freezer, corn muffins, green salads

Follow along on my Pinterest account where I keep recipes pinned by following this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...