Snowy Days, Winter Delights

Are you familiar with Nora Murphy Country House? Nora is a wonderful source of inspiration for all things New England...gardening, decorating, seasonal vignettes, and so much more! I highly recommend you spend a few delightful minutes (or maybe an hour or more!) enjoying her website, seasonal online magazines, Facebook, and Instagram account! It's my daily dose of New England pretty!

This week, Nora Murphy Country House tagged me in an Instagram photo to show my favorite winter decor. Oh goodness! It was difficult to choose. I love feathering our nest for winter. There are the perennial favorites: duvets, tartans, candles, anyplace by the fire. And then there are some of my favorites this year...combos of hotel silver and mercury glass, and pewter and stoneware. 

And in the end, I chose this image...a cozy cashmere throw, a chair near in a window for basking in the sunlight, a table for games, and a pewter platter with nuts for cracking. 


I stock up on bags of mixed nuts around the holidays (and especially 50% off afterwards!), so that we can have a platter out all winter. My guys, especially, love to feast on them.


Today, this is my view from one window of our home. Big, downy flakes are softly falling. It's a great day for working on a puzzle, nut cracking, and steaming cups of hot cocoa.


I hope your winter day is delightful! Stay cozy and snug!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes...I have spent delightful minutes (ahem...hours) at Nora Murphy's online sites!! What fun to be tagged! Your choice is fabulous. It certainly makes me want to sit in that chair wrapped in that cozy throw!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...