New Beginnings

Happy New Year! Since early December, we have: hosted a Christmas party for 60 people, traveled back and forth to California, attended a west coast wedding, celebrated Christmas on both coasts, visited New York City for three days, had a birthday dinner for Max, and spent a week recovery from really dreadful colds. I am, to put it simply, quite exhausted.

But I am snuggling in for a long, indulgent winter's rest. And with the thermometer reaching only 21 degrees today, it seems a wise plan indeed. I only intend to emerge to go to church on Sundays and to grocery shop and ship orders on Thursdays. Lord willing, life will revolve around: watching the falling snow, oatmeal, morning cups of tea, books, a little sewing, maybe some knitting, some homekeeping organization, bowls of soup, duvets, and Downton Abbey with a cup of hot cocoa in hand. I may, or may not, come out of my burrow to see my shadow on February 2nd.

Today started with a glass of orange juice and a scone, progressed steadily through laundry, moved on to de-decorating and simplifying the house for winter...

Packing away all the mercury glass acorns and pretty ribbons for another year.

...will wind down with a simple meal of leftover soups, and finish with softly flickering candles. Ahhh...I love winter!

But blogging is on my simple list too, and I'll be back soon to share pictures from our travels! Happy New Year to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Your winter plans sound so lovely!! I am glad that blogging is also on your list. :)

    Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, rest for the winter. And maybe an update on your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I look forward to seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, friends! Happy New Year to all of you too! Yes, an update on my granddaughter will be forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...