Rainy Autumn Baking Day

Rain, rain, and more rain fell on New England last night and intermittently throughout the day today. The sky was full of swirling leaves falling like so many enormous, golden snowflakes. I always love the sparkle of the raindrops on the windows and the hazy image of the vibrant leaves beyond.



It seemed like a perfect day for baking! 


Lately, our family has been enjoying some homemade biscotti in a variety of flavors. My personal favorite is almond biscotti. Click here for the link to the recipe I've been using. It's a keeper! The guys like it dipped in their coffee. And Colette and I like to dip it in hot cocoa.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I discovered your blog through your Instagram account and had to leave a note to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading the entries! It's so encouraging and inspiring to read so much about the celebration of tradition and homemaking, something so lost in my generation. Look forward to reading more, all the best!

    p.s. PBS aired a great documentary called Colonial House a few years back and full episodes can now be viewed on YouTube. I think it might be of interest based on the content of this blog! http://www.pbs.org/wnet/colonialhouse/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi.

      Thank you so much for popping in for a visit! Happy to have you as a reader!

      Oh, yes! Love the Colonial House! I've loved all the "House" shows that PBS has done!

      Blessings,
      Kate

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...