Some delights of the day included:
- Feeling like we just stepped into a Jane Austen novel (or movie)...ever so lovely!
- Noticing the difference in English country dancing...a bit more elegant, a little more space between people, the beautiful music, the fun call of "set to your partner".
- Live music provided by a violinist and a pianist (on a Steinway)!
- Friendly people!
- Dancing to the tune of "In the Bleak Midwinter", one of my favorite Christmas carols.
- Dancing the dance that Emma and Mr. Knightly dance together in the movie "Emma" (Gwyneth Paltrow version).
- Refreshments served on real plates. I know this may sound silly, but I just so appreciated that someone was thoughtful enough to provide solid, ironstone plates and would care enough to wash them all at the end of the day.
Here's a quick video snippet of the dancing. Enjoy!