Christmas Playlist

Ever since I made the jump to a smart phone, one of the features I like best is having my favorite music at my fingertips all the time.  And never do I utilize that feature more than at Christmastime.




My phone follows me everywhere to play Christmas carols...at the small table where I bundle my Etsy orders, at the large table set up just for present wrapping, and always in the kitchen for baking time.  I organize my extensive collection into multiple Christmas playlists, so I can play whatever fits my mood at the time.  And every year, I try to add a few new ones.  

If you're looking for some new tunes this Christmas, here are the newest ones on my playlists.  My musical taste is eclectic, so there's a bit of everything.  You can purchase them on iTunes, or take a listen on some of the links I've provided.  Happy listening!


Straight No Chaser's - "Nutcracker"
(Must confess this is my favorite new-to-me Christmas song this year.
Has me chuckling every time I listen!  Warning: one objectionable phrase.)

Mariah Carey's - "All I Want for Christmas Is You"

English Renaissance & Michael Stoddart's - "Gloria In Excelsis Deo"
(Positively transporting!  I can just imagine this must've been how the angels sang to the awestruck shepherds the night of Christ's birth.)

Magdalen College Choir, Oxford & Bill Ives - "Wassail Song"

The Bird and The Bee - "Carol of the Bells"
(Fun, slightly discordant, hip version...like you might hear playing in Starbucks.)

Michael Buble's - "Cold December Night"



2 comments:

  1. I agree, music on most of the time while working at home. Thanks for the newer song list. I enjoy Pandora's "Classical Christmas" station.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...