Snowy Day Pursuits

Today, it snowed all day long!


A perfect day to do garden planning!


After some contemplation and some discussion with the kids, this is what we’ve decided to grow this year: tomatoes (Brandywine and some type of paste tomato), zucchini, some type of yellow squash, acorn squash, butternut squash, yellow onions, carrots, lettuces, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, green beans, cucumbers, jack-be-little pumpkins, chives, oregano, basil, cilantro, and parsley.
The list is easy.  Trying to fit it all into our 21′ x 21′ garden plot is another thing.  At some point this year, the garden shed should go up, to the far right (middle) of this picture.


So, because of this, I want to a second entrance to the garden on the side closest to the garden shed.  This cuts down on my available square footage within the garden, but I think it has to be done.  Next year, I’d like to expand the garden perimeter, but for now I have to work with what I have.  After sketching out numerous possibilities, this is the design I chose.


The green beans, cucumbers, and jack-be-littles will go on the trellis beneath the deck.  And the new raspberry bushes have their own trellis.  It was a struggle, but I got all the rest to fit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...