Order

Today was all about bringing some order to the sewing room.  Order always feels good after a month of busyness and a couple of days of relaxing indulgence.
The stack of freshly laundered tablecloths were given a good steam pressing.


Then I moved on to doing inventory for my shops.  Neat rows of numbers.  Very orderly.


Doing inventory is a long and tedious process.  But the best part of it is touching each and every piece of fabric in the room and planning out projects for the coming year.


Everything was put back on the shelves in neatly folded stacks.  But not the velvet ribbons.  There’s just something about their beauty when they are casually intertwined that I find so beguiling.


Moving on to clearing out my email inbox now.  Most areas of my life are fairly organized.  The email inbox is w-a-y down on my priority list.  I’ve already cut it in half.  Just 1,100 more to go!

3 comments:

  1. I'm back from our family Christmas journeys, so I'm catching up on your "wonderful" blog. Ironing the tablecloths, I enjoy that homekeeping task also. I love your Christmas tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I meant to ask you if you have a "winter" fiction list of books that you would care to recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Melissa. Thanks for your kind words! I hope you had a very merry Christmas!
    Winter fiction? Hmm...can you clarify? Winter-themed children's books? A list of fiction that I've enjoyed reading...good for cozying up for a snowy day sort of books? What would you like?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...