Other preparations for the winter that have already happened are:
- the freezer is stocked with goodness from the garden and local farmstands: pesto, spaghetti sauce, salsa, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, snipped chives, corn, green beans, and more.
- the pantry is also stocked from the garden with: homemade jams, dried basil, dried oregano, thyme leaves, crushed sage.
- the beds are cozied with flannel sheets and duvets.
- the garden has been ripped out and composted.
- raspberry vines have been planted.
- the air conditioner units have been securely covered.
- the snow markers are lining the driveway.
- the lawn tractor has switched places with the snow blower in the garage, and snow shovels and salt are at the ready.
- the rain gauge and bird bottle have been brought in from the elements.
Just a few things left to do:
- snow tires need to go on the truck
- the raking needs to happen
- the perennials need to be pruned
THEN the snow can fly!