Winter's Last Hurrahs


I’m back. I was gone. Well, I was physically at home (most of the time), but I was gone. I really have no good excuse for not blogging in so long. I DO have an excuse. But it’s not a “good” one.

And here’s my excuse: I was home, but I was lost. Technically, I have been lost in LOST. Groan. I never thought I’d admit this, but I’m (noooo…not I, but all of us) are completely hooked on that old TV show, LOST. I’m so sucked into this. It’s terrible. And when you can get every season in real time on your TV from Netflix, why it’s just so easy to watch three episodes a night…really like watching a two hour movie. The plot twists! The character development! I’m captivated. Enough said. I’ll try to be a better blogger. So without further adieu…

Winter has been having its last hurrahs around here. We’ve had a couple of wet, sticky snows that have been just gorgeous! Nothing is prettier than waking up in the morning and finding that your little corner of the world has been transformed overnight into a winter wonderland.


I love to see this branch out my bedroom window! It bends so gracefully and reminds me of a ballerina’s arm.


The snow and beech leaves intermingling. The beeches hang onto their leaves all winter. Then on some breezy day in early spring, they will all flutter away at last.


By last Saturday morning, we had about 2-ft. of solid snow cover all over our property! But we had a warm weekend (temperatures in the 50′s…crazy!) and the snow diminshed by about half. And today it is raining. I am beginning to adjust to the thought that winter is, indeed, coming to an end. But the best part of living in New England is the assurance that it ALWAYS comes back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...