New Recipes


Each week I like to try a new recipe, just to keep things interesting. In the winter, sometimes it’s two, because the weather just makes me feel like cooking. Sometimes they’re flops. But sometimes they’re keepers. Here are the keepers. Just click on the title and it should take you to the source for the recipe.

CROCK POT CHICKEN TACO CHILI - super simple, really good! I accidentally forgot to add the jalapeno and it was plenty spicy without it (and we like spicy), so I’d recommend leaving that out. We topped it with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and a tiny dollop of sour cream (not shown).


OVEN BAKED FRIES - The quest for the elusive crispy oven-baked fry ended here! Yay! These are really tasty, and must have something to do with soaking the potato wedges in hot water before baking.

ROASTED CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - This is a really filling soup. Max said, “It’s like chicken pot pie in soup form,” which is quite true. I intended to take a picture of the finished product, but I only got as far as the carrots. You have to click on the “view recipe” link to get the recipe from the above link.


OVEN ROASTED GARLIC MUSHROOMS - These are SO tasty! And super simple! They can even be all prepared and put in the refrigerator until you’re ready to roast them. They make a fabulous accompaniment to steak!

Bon appetit!


2 comments:

  1. Hello, I've been following you for awhile...love your posts, very calming and the pictures are so relaxing. I tried your new recipe for Roasted Chicken Noodle soup and even received a compliment from my husband. We'll be putting that on our regular Winter Menu. (I will probably leave the evaporated milk out the next time though). Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I too have a few friends that still insist on letter writing, so much fun to receive a letter in the mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Melissa! I'm so glad your husband and you enjoyed the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...