I love Saturdays when we’re all busy getting things done! They are immensely satisfying.
Collectively, this is what we accomplished today:
- First day of the farmers’ market season and Colette sold out! Sold out with more than an hour to spare!
- Many plants that I’ve been searching for were all located at one stop today and purchased.
- A very nice birthday present for a friend was found and purchased.
- The lawn was mowed.
-Trash was taken to the dump.
- New plantings went into the front flower bed: two yellow yarrow, three black-eyed Susans, and three blue salvia.
- The deck railing was power washed, all its mossy crevases were scrubbed with a solution of bleach and water, and it was rinsed. Looks brand new now!
- The hammock was hung. Hello summer!
- The pansies in the urns on the front porch were replaced with a palate of red, white, and blue: coneflowers (blue), lobelia (white and blue), climbing vinca (pale green tinged with white), and volcano coleus (red).
- The perimemeter of the house was sprayed for bugs…keeps the spiders at bay.
- The house was swept. Vaccuming was done.
- A pot was prepared for the deck with: pink cosmos (probably not ideal for a pot, but oh well), white lobelia, sage, and thyme.
- The dead basil on the kitchen windowsill was replaced with a rosemary. (My skill with houseplants leaves much to be desired.)
- And last, but certainly not least, Technohubby installed a flag pole holder on the outside of the house! We’ve been wanting to do this for so long, and I’m just thrilled that it’s up in time for summer!