Prepping with Quiches

Before we know it, summer guests will be making an appearance! Colette has a friend coming to stay for eight days in June. And some other friends are thinking of coming in August. And whenever I know guests are coming, my thoughts turn to FOOD! Now that it’s springtime, the local chickens are laying really delicious eggs. Time to make and freeze some quiches in preparation for guests!

I had a variety of leftovers that went into making the quiches. This one is stuffed full of: onion (from last year’s garden), bacon (leftover from Easter breakfast), red bell pepper (leftover from Felicity’s birthday salad bar), cheddar cheese, and asparagus.


And I made others that had: onions, asparagus, cheddar cheese, Baby Bella mushrooms, baby spinach (leftover from her birthday party), and applewood smoked ham (leftover from Easter dinner).

It was a good day of putting into practice “waste not, want not”.

6 comments:

  1. We love to have quiches in the freezer too! ;o) We actually had an italian quiche for dinner tonight. It had italian sausage, red and yellow pepper, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. YUM! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...that sounds delicious! I might just have to make some of those! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness - just that picture was enough to make me very hungry, let alone reading the list of delicious ingredients. We have quite a bit of ham to use up - I think a quiche may be in order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you give me some tips on freezing these? I have a baby coming soon and this might be an excellent thing to make and store in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely! I undercook them just a bit, maybe by 5 mins. Then I just cover them tightly with foil and pop them in the freezer. Before serving, I thaw them and then bake again until warm through. Enjoy! And congratulations on the impending arrival of your little one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...