Here’s how it played out:
- Coat closets were cleaned out and items were either returned to the closet, put in a bag for charity, or put in a bag to consign.
- The contents of the mahogany bureau sorted through, yielding various items that needed to find another place to live…scrapbooking paper, musical flash cards, and a full-size pirate flag. We all own one, right?
- Furniture polished.
- All smudges and fingerprints removed from walls, door mouldings, and doors.
- Baseboards thoroughly cleaned.
- Every stair bannister wiped down on all sides to remove dust and smudges. There are 83 of them, but who was counting?
- All the normal dusting done.
- Room swept top to bottom.
- Entry rug vaccumed, then taken outside and beaten for good measure.
- Scuff marks scrubbed from all stair risers.
- Floor scrubbed with hot water and a rag, and buffed with a dry cloth to a beautiful sheen.
On to the formal dining room next!