Here’s what I hope to accomplish this week:
- 2 more batches of Fire-Roasted Salsa (from our own roma tomatoes and jalapenos). (I did get this done today, and adding this to what I’d already done, I now have enough salsa frozen to last us for the next year).
- a few pints of sweet pickle spears (from our own pickling cucumbers)
- pureed pumpkin frozen (from the Boston Marrow squashes from our garden)
- a few more pints of stewed tomatoes (from the beefsteak tomatoes in the garden)
- peaches (a few canned, and the rest turned into peach pie filling for the freezer). (I purchased peaches from a farmstand.)
- carrots (a couple hundred are awaiting me in the garden; to be blanched and frozen)
- corn (would like to purchase 50 more ears from a local farmer)
- a couple of batches of the Barefoot Contessa’s Roasted Tomato Basil Soup (made almost entirely from ingredients from our garden, plus homemade chicken stock from the freezer)
- more flowers dried (plan to visit another u-pick flower farm to cut straw flowers)
That’s the plan. Reality may be quite different. But the harvest waits for no woman. Make hay while the sun shines!