This Week's Prserving Plan

My parents have gone off on a side-trip for a few days, so I’m planning on doing a lot of harvesting and preserving while they are gone.


Here’s what I hope to accomplish this week:

- 2 more batches of Fire-Roasted Salsa (from our own roma tomatoes and jalapenos). (I did get this done today, and adding this to what I’d already done, I now have enough salsa frozen to last us for the next year).

- a few pints of sweet pickle spears (from our own pickling cucumbers)

- pureed pumpkin frozen (from the Boston Marrow squashes from our garden)

- a few more pints of stewed tomatoes (from the beefsteak tomatoes in the garden)

- peaches (a few canned, and the rest turned into peach pie filling for the freezer). (I purchased peaches from a farmstand.)

- carrots (a couple hundred are awaiting me in the garden; to be blanched and frozen)

- corn (would like to purchase 50 more ears from a local farmer)

- a couple of batches of the Barefoot Contessa’s Roasted Tomato Basil Soup (made almost entirely from ingredients from our garden, plus homemade chicken stock from the freezer)

- more flowers dried (plan to visit another u-pick flower farm to cut straw flowers)

That’s the plan. Reality may be quite different. But the harvest waits for no woman. Make hay while the sun shines!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... you are one busy girl..
    Hope you accomplish all you want...
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...