New Knitting Project

Summer means a little more time for knitting.  Time to tackle a new project.  In the sewing room is a large basket of yarn I hand dyed last summer.  I chose this yarn, dyed with black walnut, and this project for fingerless gloves (the one without the cable).


I'm already wondering if I'm out of my league here.  As though this wasn't already a huge stretch for my (very novice) knitting skills, to get the correct gauge I have to use size 2 needles.  I may go blind this summer.  Then the pattern called for knitting them on two circular needles, a novelty unknown to all the experienced knitters in my knitting group.


Just this far into it, it does seems as though it's actually possible to knit on two circular needles.  Still wondering if I can do it though.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter knits on circular needles; says they take some getting use to.
    Your project is beautiful- I love the colors and the yarn looks super soft.
    Press on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement! I've knit on a circular needle before too. They're great for hats. But I've never knit on TWO circular needles at the same time. That's the tricky part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! It's going to be a beautiful finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Donna Rae!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...