Laundry Central

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful,
or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris

I've loved this quote for years.  But if something can be both beautiful and useful, it's even better.  My laundry tray is just that.


The wicker tray has a piece of glass on the bottom, covering a blue toile print fabric.  There are two tall bottles, one contains liquid laundry detergent and the other lavender-vanilla scented fabric softener.  The white tray in the foreground holds a brown transferware measuring cup, which I use for measuring the liquids in the bottles.  And the glass cannister has a bunch of loose lavender and a bunch of lavender drying sachets from Trader Joe’s.  I use the lavender-vanilla fabric softener and dryer sachets for towels and sheets only.  Heavenly!  There are few things that make me feel more pampered than sinking into clean, lavender-scented sheets at the end of a long day!

Oh…and the piggy bank?  That holds any money I find while searching through people’s pockets before I launder their pants.  In twenty more years, I’ll finally have enough to buy myself a tall drink from Starbucks!  It also functions as an incentive for my family to clean out their pockets, and that's even better!

4 comments:

  1. Love the beauty you've added to doing the laundry... especially the sweet piggy bank, a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this. Our washer and dryer sit out in the garage - not a particularly pretty place to do the wash. Thanks to this post, I know just how I can start making something mundane into something special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! I'm glad it inspired you! I love to be inspired too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...