Enchiladas for Dinner

Neither my son-in-law, Walter, nor I realized that it would be Cinco de Mayo today, when he requested enchiladas for dinner several days ago.  But enchiladas it was!  I love the Pioneer Woman’s enchilada recipe, although I alter it somewhat.  But that’s the beauty of enchiladas!  You can put in them whatever you please.  Her recipe can be found here.

Fresh cilantro is essential.


And I poached and shredded chicken for mine.  I then also chopped half of  a white onion.  And instead of sauteeing it, I steamed the chopped onion in the microwave for two minutes.  This softens it and seems to make it just perfect for enchiladas.  I added the steamed onion to the shredded chicken and tossed in about 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.  This is my filling version of the Pioneer Woman’s enchiladas.


I follow her directions for everything else, except I mix about 2 tablespoons more cilantro into the sauce before I pour it over the filled enchiladas.


I had a very happy enchilada- loving son-in-law.

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious! I use her recipe too and alter it in much the same way:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...