Cupboards Improved

I love my kitchen cabinets.  And one of the features I like most about them is their chunky crown mouldings.  Some of the cabinets don’t go all the way to the ceiling, leaving a nice spot upon which to set things.  Unfortunately, the top surface is not level with the top of the crown moulding, but is sunk down to the top of the cabinet itself.  So, if I set anything there, half of it would disappear into the “pit” on top of the cabinets.  Technohubby to the rescue!


A Saturday was spent making some “risers” to set in the “pit”, and then they were put in place.


Huge improvement!  And now items I don’t use often have a home.


And he made two smaller ones for the cupboards that house my red transferware collection.



What a great husband!

2 comments:

  1. You have such beautiful cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The natural wood ones were chosen from the kitchen design place. But the barn red ones used to be plain, cream-painted cabinets that the builder installed. I decided to punch up their presence a bit with paint. Haven't regretted it for a moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...