Vermont Cheddar-Herb Bread

Autumn salads were on the menu plan for tonight.  They needed a savory bread to accompany them.  So I spent a bit of time in the kitchen making Vermont Cheddar-Herb Bread.

I love peeling the wax off a cheese.  It's like unwrapping a present.  And inside the cheery wrapping is a carefully preserved cheese...just for you!


The recipe called for a sweet and savory combination of ingredients: nutmeg and dill, allspice and chives, sugar and rosemary.


The house was filled with a delicious fresh, bready, cheesy aroma as it baked.


It emerged from the oven, warm and steamy with cheese oozing from its seams.  Be still my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, how yummy that looks! I love homemade bread - making and eating it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes...the eating of it! I neglected to mention the best part! It was tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...